The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was your fasting insulin on your last blood panel? :surprise:

You can calculate your insulin resistance using the HOMA-IR.

For those of you that don't know on your next blood panel ask your doctor to add fasting insulin and fasting blood sugar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fasting insulin

Yes I specifically asked my doctor to add fasting insulin. I will give you my numbers:

Fasting glucose 5.4 mmol/L = 99 mg/dl
Fasting insulin 51 pmol/L - = 7.3 uIU/mL (mU/L)

HOMA-IR go to THEBloodcode website and use the calculator to figure out your insulin resistance. I cannot post links.

Mine is 1.8 still a bit high because my insulin is just a bit high.

Couple of great books to read are Dr. Joseph Kraft - The Diabetes Epidemic and You and Dr Richard Maurer - The Blood Code.
Both of these doctor discuss insulin resistance in detail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have to do this regularly? I mean can it increase or decrease? My brother deals with diabetes. I see this post is old but I have to take my chances. Besides this, would any supplement affect his results in some way? For instance, my brother takes supplements from Melanotan II - Buy Australia's Top Melanotan 2 (MT-2) Peptide and I told him it may not be a good idea, but he doesn't want to listen. His doctor can't take any appointments now because of covid, but I'm a little bit afraid that these may affect his results.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Hi, janey. Welcome to our site! It's always great to see when family members and friends want to support their diabetic loved ones. I will point out that this thread is 2-1/2 years old, so it's hard to know if the original poster will see your response, but I'm glad you engaged.

Would you mind popping over to the New Member Introductions forum and telling us a bit about you and your brother's situation -- things like what challenges you're encountering or what questions have gone unanswered?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts