The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I woke with an 84 this morning, and was not very hungry, so I decided to fast until I got very hungry which was about 4:30 this afternoon. I tested 88 then and I ate a bit....some would call it a snack, but it was protein and fat. I've not done this before. I know Salim has done it on his holy days, but have any other of you tried it? If so, what was your result? I thought it would run my #'s up, but seems it didn't. Now I wish I'd been able to check during the day, but sadly I didn't do it. Is this normal (what ever that is?).

Oh, I forgot to mention that my A1C test Monday was 5.4. Now how to figure out how to correct that in my signature.

I'm having a steak and salad for dinner!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Now how to figure out how to correct that in my signature.
Left click 'Quick Links' -----> edit signature

Congrats on keeping your A1C way down there ...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats ! on your A1C . Sorry can't help you on your eating question. I'm new to the L/C H/F diet.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
...but have any other of you tried it? If so, what was your result? I thought it would run my #'s up, but seems it didn't.
Mine would go through the roof if I waited that long... anytime I've slept in, or had to rush and not had time to eat, etc., my numbers FLY through the roof. I think that's the same for most of us with Dawn Phenomenon, but I could be wrong.
Oh, I forgot to mention that my A1C test Monday was 5.4.
Congrats on the great number! Wish I could get mine that low... I'm please with the 6.0 considering my DP issues... I doubt it will be any better next test due to stresses lately, but we'll see.

Good Job though, wow!

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Then wait it out...may take several hours! I set my alarm for 7:15 and put it too close to me, and since it was an overcast day, I woke at 9:20 and had a 10:15 with my endo at 10:15, so ran to it.

:)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I woke with an 84 this morning, and was not very hungry, so I decided to fast until I got very hungry which was about 4:30 this afternoon. I tested 88 then and I ate a bit....some would call it a snack, but it was protein and fat. I've not done this before. I know Salim has done it on his holy days, but have any other of you tried it? If so, what was your result? I thought it would run my #'s up, but seems it didn't. Now I wish I'd been able to check during the day, but sadly I didn't do it. Is this normal (what ever that is?)
I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that your pancreas is still doing a pretty good job because you learned of your Diabetes early in the game and pretty much immediately started eating low carb (Less damage to your pancreas than most?) Just a guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts