The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
How many of you newbies are fat,obese,or just overweight? And how many of you are trying to do something about it????
Considering that the main thing we have to "do something about" is our blood sugar, I think putting weight loss ahead of that is putting the cart before the horse. If we use LC/HF way-of-eating to keep our blood sugar low, the weight comes off anyhow.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
The media would have you believe Type 2's are all obese and lazy. That is not the whole story. Many of us ate healthy diets and exercised. Even with a BMI of 21 I am still very much diabetic.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The media would have you believe Type 2's are all obese and lazy. That is not the whole story. Many of us ate healthy diets and exercised. Even with a BMI of 21 I am still very much diabetic.
Would you believe a (so called) friend once told me type 2 diabetes is self inflicted ? I just couldn't believe it. Good thing I'm against violence.......! :brick:

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
235 Posts
I Admit, I am not proud to say it but its REAL.. Diagnosed in Sept 2011, still a "newbie" in these forums.

I am Obese at 38.8 BMI. Weighting 130-131 kgs in Sept 2011.

I been walking almost everyday... 5 to 7 days a week.. just started Gym with the classes and it just kills me! Trying to get back into the classes and lose more weight...

I used feel i was fat and useless.... but now i felt better and a bit lighter after 2 months of losing some weight...

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
i used to be fat

·
Registered
782 Posts
Reactions: Patdart

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Reactions: Carolina

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
48 Posts
My BMi is somewhere between 20 to 21.

I have never been overweight in my life.
When I was diagnosed I weighed about 114 pounds @ 5 ft 9".

I eat at least 220g of carbs every day. My breakfast sometimes has more than 100g carbs if I feel like it.

Shocking?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
How many of you newbies are fat,obese,or just overweight? And how many of you are trying to do something about it????
Usually I don't answer this question from a total stranger...but Yes, I am fat, obese, overweight or whatever you want to call 'it'. My Mother once told me as an adult that she could love me more if I would lose some weight.

p.s. I notice you didn't answer your own question?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.