The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite music to listen to while exercising? When I do go out to walk I like to listen to Donny Osmond...yea..I know...what can I say, the guy can sing!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
What is your favorite music to listen to while exercising? When I do go out to walk I like to listen to Donny Osmond...yea..I know...what can I say, the guy can sing!
If I am home, I am usually listening to Coldplay, Smashing Pumpkins, or just a mix of MP3s. If I am at the gym I plug my ear buds into the TV channels and watch all those lame judge shows that come on during the day...gotta love them! PLus they make an hour on the treadmill go by pretty quickly!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
lol, Breeze! You may be talking to the only creature on the planet who doesn't have an iPod . . . my better half even has an old mp3 player that he uses for listening to the radio! But my hearing has been so bad for so long that I keep background noise to a minimum if I can, and when I'm walking out on the (narrow just-barely-two-lane gravel) road, I need to be able to hear approaching vehicles.

OTOH, if anybody offers to put something on the stereo while I'm just sitting here playing on the computer, I'll take Ramsey Lewis . . . and if they have to have vocals, I'll take Dean Martin!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pam-Your selection of music is that of a youngster! My youngest nephew listens to those groups. I am a little to old for those groups. And Shanny, best to walk without music in case a truck comes barreling down the highway! :) :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anything thats upbeat that makes me want to just start dancing :D Motown, disco, 80's, some 90's. Anything but country unless its early Loretta Lynn (Love Coal Miner's Daughter :D) Once, I got into talk radio while I was using my total gym but had to stop and catch my breath when I got "fired up" about something and started to call in and give my opinion! :p

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Pam-Your selection of music is that of a youngster! My youngest nephew listens to those groups. I am a little to old for those groups. And Shanny, best to walk without music in case a truck comes barreling down the highway! :) :)
Hehehe yeah...my hubby cant stand to listen to music I like. We are pretty much the same age...but where I will listen to Linkin Park or Disturbed...he is on the oldies channel *shrug* Go figure...I have odd taste in music for my age I suppose :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Anything thats upbeat that makes me want to just start dancing :D Motown, disco, 80's, some 90's. Anything but country unless its early Loretta Lynn (Love Coal Miner's Daughter :D) Once, I got into talk radio while I was using my total gym but had to stop and catch my breath when I got "fired up" about something and started to call in and give my opinion! :p
Motown rocks....classic...I love it too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anything with a raunchy beat that gets me movin...Big&Rich, Kentucky Headhunters, Bob Seger, Tracy Chapman...my Ipod fits in the bedside alarm clock - and can be controlled with a remote from the treadmill.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My favorite thing to listen to is actually Audiobooks. I listen to them on the treadmill especially and when it gets to a good part or I get excited, it makes me want to walk/jog/run faster. I just have to remember to stop myself from going "Noooo! You idiot!" and "Yay!" out loud as I have a tendency to talk to the characters when I read. Once at work I got a few funny looks because I started banging my head on the table when a favorite character did something stupid. :p

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
My favorite thing to listen to is actually Audiobooks. I listen to them on the treadmill especially and when it gets to a good part or I get excited, it makes me want to walk/jog/run faster. I just have to remember to stop myself from going "Noooo! You idiot!" and "Yay!" out loud as I have a tendency to talk to the characters when I read. Once at work I got a few funny looks because I started banging my head on the table when a favorite character did something stupid. :p
What type of books do you like?

·
Registered
50 Posts
What type of books do you like?
The Dresden Files are great for audiobooks. They're fun and funny and exciting and the voice actor is really good at what he does. To be honest, I always lean towards books written for teens when it comes to audio because it's easier for me to follow. Orson Scott Card's stuff is great for that too.

With books in general, I like fantasy and a bit of sci-fi, though it's always the style that makes the book. I love snappy dialogue and a good amount of humor and of course characters I actually care about. Some fantasy is far too flowery for my tastes but fantasy set in modern times usually delivers.

Are you a bookworm too?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Most definately. I like a lot of different books depending on my mood. I love books in the mystery/thriller type genre. I also loved the Harry Potter series. I am currently reading the last book in the Sookie Stackhouse series (HBO's trueBlood is based on them). Her next book is due out next month and I cant wait for it! After that I will start on the third of the Twilight series. They are ok I guess...I dont *love* them like most of my friends. A bit too *angsty* for my taste. Besides...I like my vampires to flame in sun...not sparkle *eg*. Although the movies were good....especially the second one...lots of eye candy...yummy :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Most definately. I like a lot of different books depending on my mood. I love books in the mystery/thriller type genre. I also loved the Harry Potter series. I am currently reading the last book in the Sookie Stackhouse series (HBO's trueBlood is based on them). Her next book is due out next month and I cant wait for it! After that I will start on the third of the Twilight series. They are ok I guess...I dont *love* them like most of my friends. A bit too *angsty* for my taste. Besides...I like my vampires to flame in sun...not sparkle *eg*. Although the movies were good....especially the second one...lots of eye candy...yummy :)
Check out the Dresden Files. Seriously. It sounds right up your ally. I read Twilight. I liked them, they were fun. My sister absolutely adores them. I can bribe her with any of their merchandise.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Check out the Dresden Files. Seriously. It sounds right up your ally. I read Twilight. I liked them, they were fun. My sister absolutely adores them. I can bribe her with any of their merchandise.
LOL...sounds good...I will check them out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts