The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the Newsletter. I certainly prompts me to visit the forum again, and it's always interesting and informative.

At present I'm looking for a meter which eliminates 3 pieces of equipment. Is the one eliminating test strips a real benefit? I test at least t wice a day, and don't want to record readings on other equipment.

Maureen

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thanks for the Newsletter. I certainly prompts me to visit the forum again, and it's always interesting and informative.

At present I'm looking for a meter which eliminates 3 pieces of equipment. Is the one eliminating test strips a real benefit? I test at least t wice a day, and don't want to record readings on other equipment.

Maureen
I am not aware of a meter that does not use test strips. The only think I know of that checks your blood sugar without using strips is a continuous glucose monitor.

B

·
0 Posts
Accu-Chek in the UK sells a meter that has its lancet device snapped to the meter and uses a cartridge of 50 tests. When the 50 tests are done you just pop out the used cartridge and pop in a new one. The lancet device attached is their Multiclix, using a drum that holds 6 lancets.

From posts I've read...the Multiclix is a very popular lancet device. Although I do have a Multiclix, I've never used it. I use the Accu-Chek Compact Plus meter that comes with a Softclix lancet device attached. I'm happy with that lancet device for the time being.

What I do like about the Accu-Cheks that hold multiple tests is it's a one-handed testing device. Cock the lancet device, pull the trigger, push the test strip button and out pops a test strip. When the meter is ready it'll beep. Take your test...wait 5 seconds for the display...and you're done. Push the button one more time and the test strip drops out of the meter into your sharps container.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I look forward to the newsletter. It let's me know the interesting things that are going on with Diabetics.

It also encourages me to come back each month. This month I saw the cinnamon and honey. I commented on that. I have not looked at the other interesting items going on. I will be though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts