The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I was last on, working in Everett Washington at present every day.

Well since my December 2008 type II diagnosis I've gone from 200 lbs to my desired target of 150 lbs. My A1C remains stable at 5.8. My morning readings are still cattywompus from Rocky Mountain highs, sometimes 89, other times 150.

I've experamented with different morning meals and for the past month my wife has made me palm sized all bran muffins with carrots and stevia. If I'm not really busting my butt in the morning at work, I can usually go without a snack into lunch with a BG of 90.

I take the local ferry from Bremerton to Everett and walk 1.5 miles on the deck during the crossing which helps to keep the readings down.

I feel wonderful, my blood pressure average is 177/70 pulse 69, I don't snore in bed any more, I don't get as stressed out as I used to.

My biggest hurdle though is the number of dailly readings, which I'm trying to control. I still have a feeling trust issue with knowing my body signals.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Congrats on all your progress and hard work! Awesome job. That blood pressure is pretty high tho...I hope you are seeing someone about that.

Cheers
Pam

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hey Dan . . . I slipped in while you were away . . . good to finally meet you!

Looks like you've made splendid progress since your diagnosis! Great combination of diet & exercise you have going for you.

If you figure out how to get that systolic blood pressure down, be sure to post . . . I have a little trouble with that myself.

take care,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts