The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Finally some help! Thank you both sooooo much
For one thing I'm a heart attack survivor :) Nov-17-01
so I don't eat any red meat or cheese, I only eat egg whites
and Soy milk is the only milk I use in my home.
the cereal was a small bowl of granola cereal
that I eat every morning. that's why I don't understand why that happen? it was very scary!
Thank you again
Lady~*
Hi, Lady.

Have you had any recurrences of that unpleasant morning? Terrie is quite right, there are so many unknowns and variables it is very difficult to pin these things down sometimes. One of the things that can help is a diary. Write your BS readings, food, time, etc. Include stress, illness, activity, anything. If you compare notes over time you might be able to see a recurring theme and avoid it in the future.

Let us know how you're doing.

Jaye Marno

** Know Your Goals and How To Achieve Them. Measure Your Progress Along the Way. **

· Registered
17 Posts
Thanks everyone
Ends up I'm not feeling well, I have a sore throat that started late last night, so maybe it's because I'm getting sick :(
thanks again for all your help
Hi, Lady.

Yes, coming down with any kind of illness or infection can make you feel terrible and glucose control crazy. Even before any other symptoms appear.

Just a reminder. Take off from work and go to bed. Keep close watch on your sugars while you're sick. Don't skip any meals if you can help it, and don't skip your meds. Drink plenty of water/diet soda/chicken broth. Treat the symptoms. And if your temperature goes over 102 call the doctor.

Feel better. Get well.

Jaye Marno

** Know Your Goals and How To Achieve Them. Measure Your Progress Along the Way. **

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.