The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Debra, I am about to be 28. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes September 1992 at 8 years old. I have had a pretty hard time with my sugars every since I was 12 years old I have a 2 year old daughter. It was a rough getting her here but she is perfect. She was 2 months early. I have recently decided to get an insulin pump the thought of wearing something on me is not so bad anymore. I wish I had decided this sooner but I feel it will keep me here longer for my daughter! I am also going to be trying out continuous glucose monitoring soon. I'm excited about this and hope it really helps me get better control!:p

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
That's great news, Debra! Glad you found us to share it with & I hope you'll come visiting often to keep us posted on how it's going! Thank you for joining us!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having Kids definitely changes you perspectives!

Good luck with the Pump!

don

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hi Debra! I have been using a Minimed pump and a Dexcom CGM. They are wonderful devices, and will help stabilize your blood sugar. Ask all the questions you want about them.

I have been type 1 for 65 years and am very healthy. My pump and CGM have been very helpful.

Richard

G

·
welcome Debra :) it's good to hear you are trying your best for your daughter.. but for you too. I hope the pump works well for you. I'm sure you will find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yayyy! Congrats for you! I love the pump and I think you will be surprised at how much your control will be with it. I use the minimed Revel, but I have a friend that just switched to the Omnipod and she really likes that one too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts