The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, went to my gp today with a wonderful double ear infection; while perusing my latest numbers she got quiet. I knew this could not be an encouraging sign, so anyway, she says she is scheduling me in with the endo the first of the year. I am a little worried because I already can not afford the meds I am on and I have heard that endos tend to be name brand med happy. Any advice?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
So, went to my gp today with a wonderful double ear infection; while perusing my latest numbers she got quiet. I knew this could not be an encouraging sign, so anyway, she says she is scheduling me in with the endo the first of the year. I am a little worried because I already can not afford the meds I am on and I have heard that endos tend to be name brand med happy. Any advice?
Sounds good though, Judith . . . what she's prescribed hasn't worked so well. Actually, she could reduce your expense a LOT by just subbing out Lipitor. After I was diagnosed at the free clinic, one of their docs prescribed Lipitor and we were struggling to pay for it. As soon as our own doc spotted that, he immediately put me on a generic statin for much less money.

Hope your ear infections clear up soon - that is so miserable.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I just use an Internist because I can't afford the cost of an Endo. But if you have good insurance I do think and Endo is a good idea. I only use generic meds because of the cost. You can always demand a generic if cost is an issue. I do think some doctors push more drugs than others as opposed to total diet and exercise change. Make sure you are doing everything you can on the diet side to limit the foods that spike your bgs. It seems like you are taking tons of diabetes meds, it may be time to add fast acting insulin to lower bgs at meals. Have you been tested for LADA?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts