The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neurologist wrote a script for a meter [smart sense]
After checking for over 2 weeks I have not had a reading over 128 an the lowest was 91.
Most averages are 91-97 -102-101-124-102-102=91-93- the 128 seems to happen first thing in the AM...

My Buddy [CNO] at a major hospital says great numbers!!!

SEEMS My cup of Granola cereal Nor my Yogurt Causes a spike!
I was worried My number was going waaayy up causing Nuropothy ,,Im guessing the Nuro-is always going to be there as it happened over a year at least before I was diagnosed...

Im expecting My next A1-C will be mid 5's or lower.. Im calling NORMAL Range!!!
Strangely I got a 91 after drinking 2 beers and eating a huge meal of Steamed veggies and Fish filets 2-3-hrs after... Yes the meter is fine -!!!!!!
Weight 175.... and falling ,,If I had a buck for every person who says==Oh You have lost weight Then says --Have you got the -C- Id be a rich man!

Im sure someone will weee in my Wheaties and will say 128 is too hi But I have confidence this is in the normal range and will possible say lower after a few more months...

Thank you! Randy

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Everyone's different. My highest FGL since '03 that I'm aware of was 115. That was enough to stop me eating grain products, my favorite cereals, all bread, crackers, bananas, apples, grapes, and anything except ultra low carb foods.

My FBG numbers dropped practically over night. I've had one FBG number of 99 this year, my average this year is mid 80s. I'm hearing some experts in the field now saying FGL is best below 90.

Not my place to advise you if you are happy with your results and your diet. Everyone's comfort level is different. What I do know is, if you are a bit high and do not address it, your problem is likely to become worse as you age and may be more difficult to control.

Good luck with what ever you choose.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Isn't testing productive and informative? What time are those readings in relation to eating?

Oh, and when you drink alcohol your body stops all other food/drink digestive processes until the alcohol is broken down gone. So, BG changes can happen hours after after drinking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tested at 1 hr and 2 hr.. As I have said The highest reading I have gotten Is 128., and That was In the AM !! before eating..

Lowest is afternoon after returning from work !!!

One time I did have a 91 after eating 2-3 hrs.. SO-perchance the doctor was right saying No need to be testing..But It did take away My fear that I was spiking over 200 and that was causing more Nuropothy to Come on..

You guys say 140 is the magic number --and 128 is below that..

Ill continue testing and see what comes up -!!

Thanks

·
Banned
164 Posts
I have tested at 1 hr and 2 hr.. As I have said The highest reading I have gotten Is 128., and That was In the AM !! before eating.. Lowest is afternoon after returning from work !!! One time I did have a 91 after eating 2-3 hrs.. SO-perchance the doctor was right saying No need to be testing..But It did take away My fear that I was spiking over 200 and that was causing more Nuropothy to Come on.. You guys say 140 is the magic number --and 128 is below that.. Ill continue testing and see what comes up -!! Thanks
So the 128 was your fasting number that morning? the 140 number is the average of when damage starts to happen to internal organs. I'm sure it varies per person but this is a good number to try to stay under.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts