The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Ouch!!!! I wonder if some of those heel balms would work. Have you tried testing on alternate sites to give your fingertips a break?

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really bruises, just purple from thousands of sticks
FIngers do not hurt, they are just always cold. I use the heel of my hand. I have tried, but can not collect from my arm.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
i use the coconut oil in my diet to help control my bgs. It actually stabalizes my bgs during the day. When I have a little extra on a spoon, I do rub it in my hands. It does mess the computer keyboard though. I usually put lotion on at night before bed. What kind of lancing device do you use. I have heard some of the new ones are a lot better, like the Delica from One Touch.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i use the coconut oil in my diet to help control my bgs. It actually stabalizes my bgs during the day. When I have a little extra on a spoon, I do rub it in my hands. It does mess the computer keyboard though. I usually put lotion on at night before bed. What kind of lancing device do you use. I have heard some of the new ones are a lot better, like the Delica from One Touch.
I eat cinnamin, but it doesnot work. I'm brittle.
i will check out the coconut oil and Delica

·
Registered
60 Posts
jwags said:
How does someone use coconut oil in their diet? In lieu of regular oil? Recipes? Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I still don't know how you guys can eat coconut oil off a spoon...mine doesn't have a coconut smell or taste. It just tastes like oil. I cannot stomach eating from a spoon. I will melt some and mix in my salad dressing, or if I make SF/FF pudding, I mix some in their as well. Otherwise I just cook with it.
Reverie, you might want to check out chia seeds as well. Kind of a super food. I've also read on here (the DF) of drinking tea made with fenugreek seeds, of methi seeds. I believe you can find them in an Indian Grocery store, or perhaps a natural holistic store.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.