The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was Diagnose last Sept 2011 with Diabetes Type 2 on a HBA1C 11.2%

Today, I just got my results back from the Doctor....

Here we go!!

09/09/2011 HBA1C - 11.2%
17/11/11 HBA1C - 6.9% (Target 7%)

Total Chol -
09/09/2011 - 4.8
17/11/11 - 3.4 (Target below 4 )

HDL Chol -
09/09/2011 - 0.8
17/11/2011 - 0.8 (Target over 1)

LDL
09/09/2011 - 2.6
17/11/2011 - 1.9 (Target Below 2.5)

Triglyceride
09/09/2011 - 3.1
17/11/2011 - 1.1 (Target Below 1.5)

VIT D
09/09/2011 - Below 20 ( Way Vit Deficiency)
17/11/2011 - 87 (Vitamin D sufficiency over 75 nmol/L)

Liver: The liver texture is normal with no evidence of fatty infiltration.

Cardiac/Muscle Markers:
17/11/2011 - 214 (below 201 U/L)

Anyone can explain the Cardiac Muscle Markers means? and the 214 numbers in my report?

Dr ask me to remove my Crestor Statin Cholesterol meds.
He also ask me to take 1x 1000mg Metformin a day instead of 2.
As for my High blood Hypertension Meds, the DR ask me to take 1/2 of it even my BP was perfect in his office 117/72

I'm am not sure to be happy or Not happy with the results compare to 3 months ago.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But I know I need to work harder to get into the 5% :) :p:p

·
Registered
709 Posts
That is a great result well done & in such a short time you should be so proud of yourself, I'm sure your Doc was impressed :) high five

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

Reactions: JT.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Geez, James . . . you're as bad as I was - can't decide if it's good news or bad news! :D Well it's GOOD NEWS, old buddy! ;) The HDL will come along as you continue your LCHF regimen - it's notoriously hard to increase. The rest seems fine to me, although I don't know what the cardiac muscle markers are. Maybe one of our old hands will come along & explain it to us.

Your doc better have been impressed . . . dropping 4.3 points off your A1c in 10½ weeks?! Tremendous.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Those are great results :) Congrats to you! - just think of how much your health has improved in less then 3 months.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
JT, these are great results in 10.5 weeks.

I'm sure your doctor would have been delighted to see your results. And congrats on the removal/reduction of the medicines. Thats always a great feeling

We had nearly the same starting points (in terms of HbA1c) and I was also at 6.8 in 9 weeks. So I think you are on your way to charge into the 5% club in a few more weeks. Just continue what you have been doing

Both of us still have a few miles to go (you on the HbA1c and me on the lipids) but I am sure we will get there !

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a great result well done & in such a short time you should be so proud of yourself, I'm sure your Doc was impressed :) high five

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes
Thanks Catherine, He was impressed but I wasn't at his office lol..

He Said: My Young Man, with the meds we were testing and changing and you have high ups and downs for 1.5 months and still be under 7, you should be VERY PROUD of yourself!!

I was like.. okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk............

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Geez, James . . . you're as bad as I was - can't decide if it's good news or bad news! :D Well it's GOOD NEWS, old buddy! ;) The HDL will come along as you continue your LCHF regimen - it's notoriously hard to increase. The rest seems fine to me, although I don't know what the cardiac muscle markers are. Maybe one of our old hands will come along & explain it to us.

Your doc better have been impressed . . . dropping 4.3 points off your A1c in 10½ weeks?! Tremendous.

Shanny!!! I guess both of us are Gemini ? lol...

And yeah.. i was a bit confuse at 6.9%? Just 0.1 to passing MARK ?????? OMG!! Its like 50/100 in any exams! just 1 point at passing mark!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Just 0.1 to passing MARK ?????? OMG!! Its like 50/100 in any exams! just 1 point at passing mark!
I felt the same, the passing mark here in India is 6 :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JT, these are great results in 10.5 weeks.

I'm sure your doctor would have been delighted to see your results. And congrats on the removal/reduction of the medicines. Thats always a great feeling

We had nearly the same starting points (in terms of HbA1c) and I was also at 6.8 in 9 weeks. So I think you are on your way to charge into the 5% club in a few more weeks. Just continue what you have been doing

Both of us still have a few miles to go (you on the HbA1c and me on the lipids) but I am sure we will get there !

Thanks Tony, and yeah, its a great feeling that i have remove the Crestor Statin drugs.. That is one Drug I try not to go with it but I have to prove to my Dr And I am so happy I did!!

He said: if my cholesterol goes up, I might need to go back to the Crestor Statin meds.. which I have read alot of bad things and side effect about it!

Yeah I love to have your 5.9% Hahahaa!! I am pretty sure I will get near there.. And yes, we both started here not long ago and its been a ride for us to share and support each other thru tough times!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you Catherine, Shanny, Aribella, Annc, Tony and everyone for your kind words, help, information!

I remember when I first join this forum in Sept, you guys were supportive and helpful with all my questions!!

I Appreciate everyone who have help, guide and reply to my questions!!

And By the way, I was appeared in the local Newspaper! A little humble story of myself at this link:

Diabetes bites hard in Manningham - Health - News - Manningham Leader

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I felt so much better comparing 3 months ago... esp after I lost 17 kgs = 37.4 lbs

I cannot imagine carrying 17 kgs on my back again and do my walking!!

Now I need to find new pants!!! :D:D:D

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I have read some thing:

Cardiac markers help physicians to assess acute coronary syndromes and to identify and manage high-risk patients. Creatine kinase-MB (CK-MB), myoglobin, homocysteine, C-reactive protein (CRP), troponin T (cTnT), and troponin I (cTnI) are all used for assessment of the suspected acute myocardial infarction. CK-MB, cTnT, and cTnI may also be used to identify and manage high-risk patients.
Cardiac Marker Tests - procedure, test, blood, pain, complications, infection, heart, risk, Definition, Purpose, Precautions, Description, Preparation, Aftercare, Risks, Results

On my report, it says mild non-specfic increase in CK Level. So my reading 214 which target 201, does that means I'm also consider high-risk patients ? How do I improve on this level ?

PS: High Risk Definition
Cardiac marker tests identify blood chemicals associated with myocardial infarction (MI), commonly known as a heart attack. The myocardium is the middle layer of the heart wall composed of heart muscle. Infarction is tissue death caused by an interruption in the blood supply to an area.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
James...way to go dude! How awesome that your numbers have all gotten better, that meds were reduced or eliminated, and that you are feeling better. So proud! I go next week for blood work and I'm as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof (and old saying here in the states). My numbers the past couple days have been rather high, especially considering what I'm eating, so I don't know if I have a slight virus or infection going on inside. I have been rather tired lately, and burning the candle at both ends, so it could just be stress. However, I know my allergies are kicking up big time right now so could be that too. Could also be hormone related. So many things it could be; I just want my numbers to be better! How horrible for this to happen 1 week before blood work! AUGH! Oh well. Gotten take the good with the bad right?
Great job though. Very proud of you and hoping to see some really good results myself. Hugs!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree with you Doc, "you should be very pleased with yourself young man".

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For those who are in USA, Heres the USA version of my Cholesterol readings.
Total Cholesterol:
On the 9 of Sept 2011 4.8 mmol/L = 187.2 mg/dL
On the 17 Nov 2011 WENT DOWN to 3.1 mmol/L = 120.9 mg/dL

LDL Cholesterol:
On the 9 of Sept 2011 2.6 mmol/L = 101.4 mg/dL
On the 17 Nov 2011 WENT DOWN to 1.9 mmol/L = 74.1 mg/dL

HDL Cholesterol:
On the 9 of Sept 2011 0.9 mmol/L = 35.1 mg/dL
On the 17 Nov 2011 did not increase 0.8 mmol/L = 31.2 mg/dL

Triglerides:
On the 9 of Sept 2011 3.1 mmol/L = 275.9 mg/dL
On the 17 Nov 2011 WENT DOWN to 1.1 mmol/L = 97.9 mg/dL

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Nice article...however a little disappointed that you did not mention the Diabetes Forum to get the word out there to many more. Oh well, so happy for your success!
Hi Renee, I wanted and told the reporter to put this website in and how much i learned from this website but editor said they cannot put any website in unless approve by Australia Medical Association.

They did not tell me that they cant at first.. but after its been published, I call them up and they told me in the end they found out they cant and timing was close and they have to publish it.. :(

I think for everyone who help and given me advice or congrats, I always give them a big THANK you or give them a Credit.. I did a few advertise this forum on my Facebook and other Diabetes support Group..

Never do I did not tell anyone about this forum on how I get help on!

G

·
Hi Renee, I wanted and told the reporter to put this website in and how much i learned from this website but editor said they cannot put any website in unless approve by Australia Medical Association.
I assumed that there had been editorial interference there - at least they didn't make any huge errors of fact, which often happens.

Congrats on the good publicity for the disease. I wish we had a community support group here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts