The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a bit nervous after reading about others' experiences with doctors, but it really wasn't too bad.

I found out my initial A1c, which was 6.7 (done two days after diagnosis, so I'd already done some work on my diet and exercise).

The doctor was very pleased with my test results, and commented on how close they all were. So I told her what diet I was on, and she was taken aback. So I told her to look at the early ones before I changed my diet. She still didn't see anything wrong with them, but admitted that they were both lower and more consistent since I changed my diet. She is not convinced I'm doing the right thing, but agrees that the test results are the main thing and they're very good.

I got her to print off my last cholesterol tests so I can keep tally of how I am doing there.

And she's approved of my commitment to exercise, BP checking and weight loss, and gave me an overall 'well done' when I left.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good for you, Ann . . . it's downright exhilarating when our docs have to concede that this method WORKS! They may not accept it yet, but if they at least admit it, we're winning 'em over one at a time! Glad your visit was better than you expected!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good for you, Ann . . . it's downright exhilarating when our docs have to concede that this method WORKS! They may not accept it yet, but if they at least admit it, we're winning 'em over one at a time! Glad your visit was better than you expected!
...and when she commented at the beginning of the consultation that I wasn't on any medication 'yet', I told her I was determined not to go on any medication ever. Had to hastily explain that the determination had everything to do with controlling my BG and nothing to do with not caring. LOL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts