The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday's highest BG was 124. Didn't think I could get through a day without spiking past 140. But I'll work on having many more.

Many thanks to all of you!

(And to the ADA ... neener-neener-neener!)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yesterday's highest BG was 124. Didn't think I could get through a day without spiking past 140. But I'll work on having many more.

Congrats, Sharon! Good job - hopefully that Chicken Bryan recipe is working for ya ;) I'm clocking in at a 111 right now, so we're both doing something right.

And yes, a big ol' middle finga to the ADA....:p

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
WTG Shalynne! Feels awesome doesn't it?

I remember going to urgent care after my dx when I was still nauseated after horrific numbers, and I tested at 222. I said, "wonder why I still feel sick - I'm doing great, aren't I?" Ha - the NP just scribbled out a script for glipizide to add to my metformin. Fortunately I'm now off that, and my numbers are lower, but it's truly exciting (as exciting as diabetes can get!) seeing those digits keep going down.

Congratulations - you're doing great.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts

WAY TO GO, GIRL! Now ya know how ya did it & can keep on rollin'!

And yeah to the ADA: :D

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all!

Yes, it does feel most awesome! Well, this morning's 86 felt downright weird, but I look forward to getting re-acclimated.

Today's been very stressful for non-D reasons, so we'll see what the numbers will bring.

Oh, and if I failed to show my full appreciation to the ADA, it's time to make amends: ppphhhhttttht! :flame:

G

·
congrats.... those are good numbers :D
The thing I don't like is going too low... that's not fun! I've had a few of those lately.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
It does feel so good, doesn't it. I remember the first time I was under 100, I had to retest to make sure. Of course it took me several years to get there. Now I am pretty good at keeping bg close to 100. I know I am still very diabetic and cannot eat a normal diet. But I feel so healthy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congratulations!
I am feeling so much better hanging out with BGLs from the 80's to the 130's, still have work to do, but i feel Fantastic - viva la control :)

Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts