The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Coconuthead
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday reading through this forum I found an idea for Chia Seed Pudding and then searched and found one by Mama Wellness...
https://wellnessmama.com/59344/chia-seed-pudding/

Rounded up some Organic Black Chia Seeds, Stocked up on some Coconut Milk because I am going to be using that a lot, hit the blender and now I have about 40oz's of pudding gelling in my fridge. Man it started forming up before I got it out of the blender as I made the blended well option. I am so psyched. Thanks again guys! :vs_cool:

·
Registered
782 Posts
So . . . how did it taste? And what did you use for sweetener? I'm guessing you didn't use 1/4 cup of maple syrup. :vs_no_no_no:

Reactions: skypeace

·
Coconuthead
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@WV Mom
Well I only waited the 4 hours of chilling before I dug into it and it tasted good, but the next morning after it had about 12 hours it tasted better and by a day later it tasted great. I am in love, as it really satiates you and does some good things to your digestive tract too. The energy is a plus.

Yes I used stevia and I doubled the whole recipe which filled about two and a half mason jars. I have gone through one jar completely and working on another. I also used just a pinch more cinnamon, and a pinch more vanilla extract.

I added some chia seeds to my morning scrambled eggs and cheese and they added body to the eggs and soaked up a lot of the coconut oil I cook in. They will become a permanent part of my scrambled eggs and cheese.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts