The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Had been checking FBS and PPBS (2hr) on Accuchek Integra and it was in range of 100 (FBS) and 115 (PPBS) for 3 days that i checked and then today had first taste of mango this season (1 cup fresh mango pulp home made -- 1 cup ~120ml) with meals. After an hour of meal checked and my reading was 125. I am on no meds. So readings look good? I love mangoes and I took this risk on purpose today just to check. Maybe will increase quantity and check how this goes.

Next lab test is due over this weekend or Monday maybe (would include c-peptide test also as suggested by forum members here). That would be a good chance to compare meter and lab readings. But i feel meter reads higher.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Jealous of your readings -- I love mangoes! But they tend to spike me ...

Goodl uck with your appt, too. Hopefully the readings are not creeping up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@foxl - Thanks.
Shall keep posted on mango qnty vs spike here on this thread.
I am starting wheat juice therapy after next lab report and that will be for a month. Lets see how that goes. Problem with these things are that not much data is available so one has to experiment and share experience on boards like these.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love mango too :D In fact I had greek yoghurt with mango puree this morning... yum! I'm Ok with the small amount in with the yoghurt thankfully.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
@ rustic, we certainly know that carb tolerance is an individual matter -- the only way to learn about your own -- and it may well change, one way or the other, over time -- is to test a lot.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow...you are indeed lucky and I am quite jealous! I ADORE mangos, but they cause a big spike, so I tend to avoid. I say, keep testing and enjoy!

Cheers,

Jeremy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts