·
Registered
930 Posts
Excellent! Congratulations!

ColaJim

·
Registered
322 Posts
that is great to see what a wonderful improvment all around. even in the days that you were so frustrated your hard work has payed off.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is great to see what a wonderful improvment all around. even in the days that you were so frustrated your hard work has payed off.
Thanks so much for your encouragement! Still not 100% happy with those numbers, I hope by the next one to be into the 5's! :D

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
That is fantastic progress in a very short time. Keep up the good work.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Most excellent! Congrats!

I'm particularly envious of your LDL having gone down - mine went up :mad: ... you lucky dogette you!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
ROSIE! You ornery pup - you DID it! :cheer2:
Please find a way to show this to those hide-bound CDEs who taught your classes! heehee!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wow Rosie !!!!!

Congrats for your big change for the better :first:
I always watch the other numbers and yours are improved - a lot.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yea! So excited for you! I am glad I joinded this forum.

Jenn

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm, now that I look closer....

I must've gotten my HDL/LDL mixed up. I just read that under 60 for HDL is BAD and that means I am more likely to get heart disease. Dr. Know-It-All is sure to bring that up in the big Bacon & Eggs Debate scheduled for Thursday.

Anybody know what I can do to RAISE the HDL to over 60? What could I be doing wrong?

Or am I just over-reacting....:confused:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great job!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Anybody know what I can do to RAISE the HDL to over 60? What could I be doing wrong?
Lipids are slow to change, except for trigs which change pretty quickly. Your HDL went up, that's good, it's headed in the right direction.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Lipids are slow to change, except for trigs which change pretty quickly. Your HDL went up, that's good, it's headed in the right direction.
Moon is right, HDL is darn hard to move. In three months yours moved up nine points - that's extraordinary! There may be times when your total cholesterol is higher than the previous time, but when it's caused by a rise in HDL, it's another triumph. You are smokin', lady! You have everything to be proud of, so take your bows & enjoy the rewards!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts