The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wonderful wife of 39 years developed Type 2 about 7 years ago after a severe infection. She birthed 6 large birth weight babies at home, but always tested negative for high glucose. We attempt to control her high blood sugars with exercise and diet and have tried various medications, but we're always learning more. I'm a chiropractor with 30+ years in the health care field. Now we are starting to share some of what we've learned over the years through the internet, so this forum is a natural way for us to stay connected and even learn more. Dr Tim

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard, Tim, thank you for joining us. We're all in the quest to learn everything we can to combat this disorder, and there's a wealth of knowledge, experience & wisdom here. Ask all the questions you want.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome Dr. Tim. It is refreshing to see a Dr wanting to learn. I hope that you are able to find the information as there is a lot of good information available and many that are willing to share from their experiences.

Ask questions as type 2 diabetes has many variables and is very much an individual disease. Some are able to eat a good number of carbohydrates and others must maintain a low carb number.

Welcome again.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome DrT!

glad to have you and your wife on the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, doctors are first teachers and teachers must continue learning in order to care for their patients. I have listened much and learned a lot from my patients enabling me to better serve them and others. Science is essential, but so is anecdotal information we have to share because this is an 'individual dis-ease'. And it's a great cure for arrogance.:)
Welcome Dr. Tim. It is refreshing to see a Dr wanting to learn. I hope that you are able to find the information as there is a lot of good information available and many that are willing to share from their experiences.

Ask questions as type 2 diabetes has many variables and is very much an individual disease. Some are able to eat a good number of carbohydrates and others must maintain a low carb number.

Welcome again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts