The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a cook and even though my husband is a chef, I want to try some things on my own.

I'd love to make some flavored butters to have on hand to spice things up a bit. Please share your recipes. I know it sounds simple but I honestly don't have a clue.

Thank you!

·
Registered
916 Posts
anything you can eat can go in butter lol

sorry I don't have recipes I just add a T here & there or if a herb/spice I just shake it or just add fresh clumps lol.

Nut butter
any herb butter.
garlic butter.

blue cheese butter GREAT on steak..stuffed in burgers. Meatballs.

any fruit. well for me it is a berry.

room temp & mix it. then either roll it in wax/parchment tube shape. chill. then you have nice slices.:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
I usually soften two sticks of butter, and add one mashed clove of garlic. From there, I add herbs...depending on what's in the garden. My current one is rosemary-heavy, because it's wintertime and none of the tender herbs are up. But garlic, onion, and rosemary (with a bit of dry savory) is very nice combo.

A trick for herbed butters: Take an empty toilet paper roll (for one stick of butter) or paper towel roll (for two), and cut the top third of the roll off lengthwise. Line it with waxed paper (tin foil is easier to wrangle, but harder to get off the butter) and fill it with your softened flavored butter. Wrap it up and refrigerate. The roll allows you make a long cylinder of the butter, which makes it REALLY easy to slice off a bit for your veggies or meat (or to drop into your Thermos of hot broth for a lovely kick at lunchtime).

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, all of you, for your suggestions, especially the "how-tos." I'm clueless about cooking, not too bad with baking, thanks to having been married to one cook (husband number 1) and now a chef. I'm terribly spoiled and know it, but I'm trying. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts