The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that my wife and I are both making a lot more food at home than we used to, I am looking to buy a food processor. Does anyone have any recommendations? And is there any special feature that you’ve found to be particularly useful?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I love my Cuisinart. DH recently won a Black & Decker in a raffle and I tried it a few times. It was OK, but I ended up giving it away and going back to my tried-and-true old faithful Cuisinart. Sturdy, fast, pretty easy to clean. And you can still get parts for the darned thing, even though it's about a million years old.

Jen

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I used to have an expensive Cuisinart and it was great for about 15 years and then broke. I replaced it with a much cheaper KitchenAid food processor. Mine came with a large container and a much smaller container when you are working with small amounts. I also have a VitaMix Blender which I love. It was expensive but worth every penny. When you are making fruit or vegetable smoothies it grinds and blends even things with peels on. I make all my hummus in it. It is great for healthy cooking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cuisinart

I bought one at Costco several years ago and it came with a mini one as well.

It takes longer to clean up than it does to process the food...<g>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts