The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.
I am Type 1 diabetic since August 1991.I have had many complications because my diabetes was not diagnosed in time. I lost a finger right hand and about 10 teeth. but for now my diabetes is balanced and I am well. so I would like to participate at this forum to share my experience diabetic and learn more.
looking forward to connect
Awaleh.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello and welcome, Awaleh. Thank you for joining us. Tell us more about how you keep your diabetes in balance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I control all the morning my blood glucose level. I am a walk every morning after breakfast and after taking my dose of insulin. and all extra health problems I warn my doctor.The night after dinner I take also insilune.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
hello all.
I am Type 1 diabetic since August 1991.I have had many complications because my diabetes was not diagnosed in time. I lost a finger right hand and about 10 teeth. but for now my diabetes is balanced and I am well. so I would like to participate at this forum to share my experience diabetic and learn more.
looking forward to connect
Awaleh.
Hello Awaleh and :welcome: to the forum! There is alot of information on the forum, feel free to read what interests you. I hope you will visit often and take care.

G

·
welcome Awaleh :) it's great to hear you have your diabetes under control. It must have been annoying that you had a tough time at first. What sort of insulin are you on... you only inject twice daily? Do you get regular HbA1c tests done? Look forward to hearing your experiences.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome Awaleh :) it's great to hear you have your diabetes under control. It must have been annoying that you had a tough time at first. What sort of insulin are you on... you only inject twice daily? Do you get regular HbA1c tests done? Look forward to hearing your experiences.
the type of insulin that I inject insulin is intermediary. This is called insulin mixtard30.je injects twice a day.
Morning: 25 units
Evening: 15 units.
No I do not have regular tests of HbA1c

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello, and welcome! You would have much better control if you used basal/bolus control. That would require two separate kinds of insulin. One is a fast acting insulin used before each meal, and the other would be used to control your blood sugar when not eating ad while you are sleeping. I have been type 1 for 65 years and I am very healthy. With good control you can have a long, healthy life.

There are several type 1 diabetics here, so ask all the questions you want.

Richard

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello, and welcome! You would have much better control if you used basal/bolus control. That would require two separate kinds of insulin. One is a fast acting insulin used before each meal, and the other would be used to control your blood sugar when not eating ad while you are sleeping. I have been type 1 for 65 years and I am very healthy. With good control you can have a long, healthy life.

There are several type 1 diabetics here, so ask all the questions you want.

Richard
Thank you for the advice but when I ask my doctor s, take the fast-acting insulin he replied that it is not necessary.How to convince him.
Awaleh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts