The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Netrition has tortillas that have only 3G carbs after subtracting the fiber. They have rave reviews on the site. I will be cooking one of my hubby's old favorites (we call it greasy meat) now he is a happy camper. I know it don't sound too appetizing but my mom called it that years ago she believes in low fat diets all her life.
1 lb ground beef
diced onion
salt
pepper
garlic powder
plenty of chili powder
1/2 can tomato sauce
cheese to cover top

I cook my onions with little oil and chili powder when they are soft I add my ground beef and all seasons including more chili powder a good amount but I never measure. When meat is brown I add 1/2 can tomato sauce then turn heat down and melt cheese on top. (if u use cheddar you have lots of grease I use velveeta but not sure that is good cheese for him now) We just put it on a heated tortilla and it is so good.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I know whacha mean, Donella. High-fiber/low-carb tortillas saved my life too. I'm using fewer of them now, but I still keep them on hand & just today we had ham/cheese wraps for lunch. As long as he's testing after the meal & they aren't spiking him, go for it! I could never eat more than one a day, and usually not every day, but just getting to have a big ol' burrito or chicken wrap made my meals so much better! ;)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
The Flat Out Tortillas that you can buy at the local grocery store keep my bgs pretty even and I don't have to pay shipping. Even Costco carries them now. You can also make your own fairly easy. Just be careful of the tomato sauce, check the carbs in it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
At our grocery store they used to carry all manner of the Flat Out tortillas. Now, all of a sudden they are gone :( Will have to look at netrition.com I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts