The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the rack in my pressure cooker, added water to 1/2" above the rack, threw in 6 frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Pressure cooked them 30 minutes, removed them with a pancake turner so they wouldn't fall apart, hid 2 in the fridge so I can make chicken salad tomorrow. Poured some mushroom sauce over the other 4. It was delish and moist.

After the chicken broth was cool, I poured 1 3/4 cup (14 oz. per bag), into freezer bags and froze them so I have no-salt broth to use in place of a can of chicken broth in the future. It made 3 cans worth. There are lots of ways to use cooked chicken, so my pressure cooker will be getting a good workout from now on.

Feels like I got a bunch of bonuses today and saved lots of time and work.

This isn't a shortcut, just a tip. When I make deviled eggs, I throw a small, thin slice of onion, a tiny length of celery and a small piece of a dill pickle in the food processor and chop fine. Adding this to the egg yolks gives it crunch, makes it taste better and gives you a little more filling.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I don't have a pressure cooker but do the same thing in a dutch oven. I usually thaw the breasts first in the microwave and then poach in about 2 cups of water until done. It comes out perfect for chicken salad. I am roasting a free range chicken tonight and it will give us 3 meals plus a couple of soup meals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts