The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By helpful I mean that they at least make an effort to provide some low carb and sugar free products. Nothing is perfect of course, but at least I am able to have some of the things I have given up for the past 8 mo.:D

I found these breads in Kroger and couldn't believe how many different choices they have: Healthy Life Bread - Home I've never heard of a bread made with Splenda, but it comes out with a low enough carb count that I've even had a BLT recently. :)

Today I found some sugar free baked goods. I'm having angel food cake with fresh strawberries right now....yummmm! Hill and Valley Sugar Free Bakery| Sugar Free & No Sugar Added Cakes, Cookies, Muffins, Brownies, Pies | America's Leading Supplier of Sugar Free Desserts | Premium Bakery I also bought their sliced pumpkin spice creme cake (5 net carbs).....I'm in heaven!

Again, it's not a total free ride. There are sugar alcohols in the products and I'm sure a person could overdo it with this stuff too, but I've been fortunate that a small portion of these treats doesn't cause a spike AND that I can feel satisfied with a small serving. Even so, I immediately frozen 3/4 of the pumpkin cake so I wouldn't be able to pig out on it. LOL

Sorry if everyone already knew about this stuff, but I hadn't seen it mentioned on the forum so thought I would share my experience.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I've never been bashful about naming the brands I can tolerate & I'm always happy to know about new ones. Kroger seems to be a front-runner in making available more choices - at least around here. I'll be looking for the Hill & Valley products! Thanks, Diana!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never been bashful about naming the brands I can tolerate & I'm always happy to know about new ones. Kroger seems to be a front-runner in making available more choices - at least around here. I'll be looking for the Hill & Valley products! Thanks, Diana!
I don't know if Kroger carries the Hill&Valley stuff. I came across the two products at Meijer which is a Michigan chain, but you can do a store locator from their site and see where you can find them. That darn angel food cake was delicious!! I'm still licking my lips! :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I don't know if Kroger carries the Hill&Valley stuff. I came across the two products at Meijer which is a Michigan chain, but you can do a store locator from their site and see where you can find them. That darn angel food cake was delicious!! I'm still licking my lips! :)
I love angel food cake, I will have to look for these products. We have many Meijer stores in Columbus. Thanks Diana!

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, found two new things today (both at Kroger). One is their CarbMaster yogurt, which they've had but some new flavors! Carrot Cake!!! LOL It's pretty good! The other one I haven't tasted yet is called Spiced Pear.... :) Then I found some soy milk called Soy Slender. Vanilla flavored with only 1g net carbs per 1 cup. Made with Splenda. I have given up on milk for the past 8 mo. so this will be nice!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
We don't have Kroegers up near Cleveland just Giant and Heinens. I find I've been buying lots of my low carb items like Walden Farms 0 carb syrups, jams, BBQ sauce, coconut flour, coconut oil at Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!
Lately I've been eating the Eziekel sprouted bread. It does spike me the first hour but I am usually back around 120 or lower at 2 hours and under 100 at 3 hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts