The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched a TV show called Freaky Eaters on TLC and they had a segment on a 20 year old woman who drank 30 regular cans of cola per day. She drank and drank and drank and was thin as a rail. Some professionals were called in and they tested her blood glucose and she was already pre-diabetic. I guess you can eat yourself into diabetes? BTW, the woman didn't change her habit, she said she was not worried yet. :eek:

·
Registered
297 Posts
They just don't listen. That should have been her wakeup call, but many just refuse to even think about what they are doing to their bodies. Yes, many us us have had to reform, but it can be done. I just wish (in hindsight - always 20/20) I had been given a wakeup call.

·
Registered
930 Posts
those "professionals" are suffering from "hyper-stupidity", just follow the money, if it goes out through her urine then she has defective kidneys, if it is goes out through her butt she has defective digestion/absorption. if her kidneys can't re-uptake glucose she may need that much sugar to stay alive.

a urine test is fundamental to testing for diabetes by definition (sweet urine)

Just my two minute FREE! analysis. . :p

Life is like an airplane, but all your engines are on fire with deadly smoke(free raidicals) eating away at your wiring(neuropathy) and your kidneys are sacrificing themselves to try to dump the excess fuel and yet you keep adding more fuel that your body can't use, why is that? Do you have faith in doctors and the ADA more than nature {and common sense} itself?

I watched a TV show called Freaky Eaters on TLC and they had a segment on a 20 year old woman who drank 30 regular cans of cola per day. She drank and drank and drank and was thin as a rail. Some professionals were called in and they tested her blood glucose and she was already pre-diabetic. I guess you can eat yourself into diabetes? BTW, the woman didn't change her habit, she said she was not worried yet. :eek:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Not sure if her sugar was CAUSING the D ... I would suspect LADA or T1D, actually, and that she was drinking so much to try to feed her cells' craving for glucose!

I know just prior to my diagnosis, I was downing "healthier" haha, fruit juices and Chocolate Silk. Freakishly so!

·
Registered
930 Posts
foxl

foxl,

Good Point i suppose, 2 months ago i was drinking four liters of cola a day {1600 calories} plus eating noodles and cheap Kroger hot dogs {labels in Spanish} and yet did not have enough strength to take a stand-up shower.

Not sure if her sugar was CAUSING the D ... I would suspect LADA or T1D, actually, and that she was drinking so much to try to feed her cells' craving for glucose!

I know just prior to my diagnosis, I was downing "healthier" haha, fruit juices and Chocolate Silk. Freakishly so!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
foxl,

Good Point i suppose, 2 months ago i was drinking four liters of cola a day {1600 calories} plus eating noodles and yet did not have enough strength to take a stand-up shower.
Exactly, Jim.

Because of this (in part), I also argue chicken-or-egg on obesity and overeating and D -- did the overeating lead to D, or was it driven by it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts