The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew of some free online diabetes education courses? During my diabetes education on the day the nurse was showing me all the scary stuff about going blind and organ failure I nearly fainted so she said she would get back to it later. Well, the plan was to go over all that stuff on my last day of diabetes education. When I showed up she wasn't there so I spent the entire hour with the dietitian. The dietitian told me I could have one more class since the nurse wasn't there. I called to make my final appointment and they said I was done. I guess the dietitian didn't get word through or something. Either way, I didn't get to learn about the serious effects of not properly controlling my diet, exercise, and medicine. I would like to get this information because I think it will keep me on the right track and is important to know. Thanks in advance for the help:D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome back, Brandon. Since you were diagnosed in DKA, you already know one of the biggest dangers of not controlling your diabetes. I think if I were you, I would go to my favorite search engine and look for diabetes complications. You'll find a whole raft of very serious developments that can occur from ignoring your diabetes.

How have you been managing this past year? I hope all is going well with you, and that you'll bring us up to date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! My doctor said my A1C is better than average, but my morning sugars are high. I think I sleep too much and the medicine wears off before I wake up. I'm off insulin though:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts