The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why but I received 30 Bayer Breeze2 test strips in the mail today. It is the type I am using, so I was happy. That is about 6 days worth. I am getting my test strips and lancets through American Diabetes Wholesale, they do a great job.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Wish someone would send me free test strips. I usually shop the internet to get the best price. We have High Deductable HSA insurance so have to pay the first $6000 of our expenses ( which we never have met, yet).

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish someone would send me free test strips. I usually shop the internet to get the best price. We have High Deductable HSA insurance so have to pay the first $6000 of our expenses ( which we never have met, yet).
I got a free meter and test strips for Bayer Contour (Simple Wins) and Freestyle. Not many strips, but a couple of days worth. Call these meter companies, they want your business, ask for something free, you never know what they might send you. Wow, you sure do have a high deductible, but at least you do have some type of insurance that would help with a hospital stay or a serious illness. Just curious, what type of test strips are you using since you are paying for them?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Get this, If I buy the generic Walgreen's brand meter and strips I get 100 strips for about $50. My insurance (since this strip is not on their preferred list) will only pay $5, so I have to pay $45.

Now, if I buy Accu-check Aviva test strips - 100 count. The cost is $130 and my insurance pays $95 - cost to me $35.

What is wrong with this picture??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts