The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone looked into this recently? I was going to try the 2 but the 3 just released and apparently readings are sent to your device automatically every minute.

Anyway, going to give it a shot and see. Hope it works as iOS 16 isn’t listed (and neither is the 14 Pro Max which I have ordered):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,669 Posts
I don't write the code but I'm not aware of anything in iOS 16 that's changed enough to keep the Freestyle from working. If there is a problem you might need to give either Abbott or Apple a month or so for an update that fixes it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't write the code but I'm not aware of anything in iOS 16 that's changed enough to keep the Freestyle from working. If there is a problem you might need to give either Abbott or Apple a month or so for an update that fixes it.
Yeah, I’m not too worried about it. Sensors should be ready Wednesday. I’ll report back once I have one installed and play with all the settings.

·
Super Moderator
10,571 Posts
I think the only thing I've seen was that there was an issue with the NFC antennas in the phones. Maybe iPhone 14 had an improvement in antenna quality. Does the reader only have manual reading updates or is there even a reader for the 3? I didn't look into much detail of the CGM.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So about 6 weeks in and it’s still going well.

I don’t believe it’s as accurate as finger sticks as it reads below 50 a few times at night, and to avoid the unsilencable low alarm, you have to close the app as it will wake you up from a deep sleep. It’s loud.

All in all, I do love the continuous readings and not having to manually scan for BG level.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts