The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,877 Posts
I don't have a personal phone of any kind. I don't ever want to have one, although I do have a PC, I use every day. I am not very tech savvy, so can anyone tell me if I get a sensor will it send to my PC?

· Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
This is just a guess on my part, I would think indirectly you'd be able to see your sensor readings on a PC, but you would have to have a sensor reader and possibly wifi to get the reading to an app on the PC or from the CGMs cloud storage.

What no cell phone? How can are all the 3 letter agencies going to keep up with you?

· Registered
1,877 Posts
This is just a guess on my part, I would think indirectly you'd be able to see your sensor readings on a PC, but you would have to have a sensor reader and possibly wifi to get the reading to an app on the PC or from the CGMs cloud storage.

What no cell phone? How can are all the 3 letter agencies going to keep up with you?

What 3 agencies....! I know you are joking, but even so I don't get it...My whole point is having no one keeping track of me, accept I do always let my wife know where I am going....

· Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
Yes it was a joke, but I was referring to the likes of the IRS, FBI, CIA, NSA, DHS, and the all inclusive etc. LOL. Not to mention all the apps on a phone that track everything you do too.

Welcome back and don't be a stranger, you've already admitted to being on the PC everyday.:)

· Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
I don't have a personal phone of any kind. I don't ever want to have one, although I do have a PC, I use every day. I am not very tech savvy, so can anyone tell me if I get a sensor will it send to my PC?
Back to your question, I'm assuming you don't currently have a CGM. Are you looking at the Freestyle Libre or another brand CGM? I figure @Lee_Bo might be able to answer you question in regards to the Freestyles when he checks back in.

Reactions: div2live

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I know with the Freestyle you can get the sensor reader if you don’t have a smartphone, and I believe you can connect it to your pc with a cable to sync your readings to your account, if you so choose to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I still use a finger stick and a log book...! I am not on fast acting insulin only one injection of slow acting at night and metformin. Seems to keep me in fair control and of course I watch my carbs...
I still have my OneTouch Vero unit as a backup for when I think my Freestyle Libre isn’t accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts