The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
2,669 Posts
I took a quick look at what I could find on the Web. Apparently the Freestyle folks list 36°F and 82°F as the storage temperature range of the sensor kit. I have to say I'm surprised that storage is within such a narrow range considering I can store my phone at up to 113°F. 82° doesn't outdo summer weather in big chunks of the world.

I did find a mention on another Web site that the Libre (at least a five-year-old model) has red and blue thermometer icons which appear when the sensor is beyond its engineered operating temperatures. I don't know if that feature has persisted or even if the sensor is in any position for that to be visible to the user, but that might be worth looking at if you can.

Laurel, it's great to have you join us here. Could we have you introduce yourself in our New Member Introductions forum?

·
Administrator
2,669 Posts
Hi, dg, and welcome to the site!

I'm not real familiar with the Libre apps but I'll guess that it's queuing up a limited number of results on the sensor itself so that when it "sees" your phone is available it ships the information to it. Phones die and go off network; I would think Abbott designed around both of those very likely possibilities.

dg, could we ask you to tell us some more about yourself in our New Member Introductions forum? It would be nice to get to know you better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts