The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Atkins Recipe - French Dressing

½ cup no-sugar-added ketchup
½ canola oil (I use wok oil which is seasoned with garlic, onion, ginger, etc.)
¼ cup cider vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Xylitol or sucralose (I use 6 drops of EZ-Sweetz sucralose)
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper

·
Registered
741 Posts
I cant even find no-sugar-added ketchup here :(

Reactions: meurtelken

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I cant even find no-sugar-added ketchup here :(
I have a dickens of a time finding it too. Heinz makes a reduced-sugar catsup & Kroger stocks it, but last time I went to stock up, there was ONE bottle left on the shelf. I've decided it's less hassle to make my own & got the ingredients just today - I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Shanny said:
I have a dickens of a time finding it too. Heinz makes a reduced-sugar catsup & Kroger stocks it, but last time I went to stock up, there was ONE bottle left on the shelf. I've decided it's less hassle to my own & got the ingredients just today - I'll keep you posted.
I remember my grandma making catsup when I was a kid

·
Registered
741 Posts
it's strange because we have Heinz here...they do tend to change what they make according to country...even if it's the same product they change ingredients to better suit (so they think) that country...so an identically named product would still be different...

I've been able to find a really yummy chilli sauce from an Asian shop :) and I use this Croatian capsicum (red pepper) um paste I guess you'd call it...I'll find a pic

Podravka - Hot-Ajvar
it comes in hot and mild...works like tomato paste....yummo!

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
I've been able to find a really yummy chilli sauce from an Asian shop :) and I use this Croatian capsicum (red pepper) um paste I guess you'd call it...I'll find a pic

Podravka - Hot-Ajvar
it comes in hot and mild...works like tomato paste....yummo!
Okay, I put in an order for this, if for no other reason my mom is Croatian ... and eggplant makes me dizzy from happy.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Okay, I put in an order for this, if for no other reason my mom is Croatian ... and eggplant makes me dizzy from happy.

I use it all the time...it makes everything taste yum...It doesn't spike me...and it's delish lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts