The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My love for fried food runs pretty deep and I have been searching for that low carb alternative that, well is better than crushed tree bark on a piece of chicken.

I had a bag of Bob's Red Mill low carb baking mix (6g net carbs / 1/4 cup) not to bad, but wasn't sure how it would fry or cook, whether it would burn easily under high heat or brown at all.

Well my answer was, IT DID ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, and at the 1.5 hr PP mark I was 87, YEAAAA.

I whipped 4 eggs, in which I added, salt, pepper, paprika, red pepper, basal, crushed red pepper, and 2 cups of heavy cream, blended it well.

I took 3-4 lbs of chicken thighs and put them in a ziplock bag and covered it with enough of the cream mixture so all were wet. In another bag I dumped a whole tray of mushrooms and a half of an onion, cut into rings. I added the remainder of the mixture to soak all of the items. I left everything in the fridge for several hours. Using a dry ziplock I poured some of the RB LC BM and shock trhe chicken around until coated, then the mushrooms (I love fried mushrooms). Fried the chicken out side in fairly hot oil for nearly forty minutes, then the mushrooms for just a couple of minutes.

The sauce for the chicken, my version of honey mustard, yellow mustard, worchestshire, red hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, and splenda to taste. The sauce for the mushrooms. Horseradish, mayo, worchestershire, and enough red hot to make it bright pink.

I got all of my favorites, crispy, delicious, and we had some for left overs for lunch today along with some home made coleslaw (peppercorn ranch)

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have done something similar with just almond flour. I usually mix eggs, cream, spices and let my chicken soak in it for a few minutes then dredge in the almond flour and fry in coconut oil. I like the idea of the mushrooms.

Reactions: Bugg and MCS

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased a new box of CarbQuick bicuit mix and tried it on my fried chicken. It got really dark, looked almost burnt, but tasted wonderful. We also had a can of those black soybeans with it, not that good by themselves, really good in chilli, not zo much by themselves.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried just pan frying some fish in coconut oil coated with the carbquick after an egg and heavy cream wash. Pretty good result, just like moms fried whiting. Premeal BG 83, 1hr PP, I did go for a mile walk afterwards, 81.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts