The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
"But, how could you even recognize a false reading?"

I guess maybe the people who make the test kits have tested to see if the numbers come up different if you milk it as opposed to if you don't, I don't know the answer to that question. I just figure there is a general rule as to whether or not you are supposed to do it, and there are a lot of people at this forum who have a lot of experience and knowledge and I figure some of them know whether it is OK to milk it or not, and whether it gives a false reading or not. Doesn't make much sense to check bs if you are going to get false readings.

G

·
well I just got frustrated with a reading of 13.8 (248)... but it was my own fault this time really as I just came home from an indian easter banquet. I think I had a bit too many carbs there. Pretty much everything was carbs and loaded with chilli too. It was a lovely easter celebration with that part of my family who force feed you... but I'm unimpressed with my reading just now.... grrr. I also had a shandy after all this begging they did and I kept refusing more alcohol they were trying to get me to drink. I don't normally drink beer either... and I think they put real sugar lemonade in it. And I also just realised I didn't drink hardly any water today.... probably my other problem. This morning my readings were 4.3 and 4.9. Don't you hate it when you go to functions and overdo it without realising... and because I didn't cook any of it I really didn't know what was in it. Thankfully I don't eat with all of them in a crowd like that very often (they're really pushy when it comes to food, and their food is so yummy too). There was biryani, goan fish curry, curried lamb cutlets, prawn curry, etc... you get the picture. Of course then my SIL insisted I try an indian rice desert she had made as special treat which had cashews & pistachios in it with other spices... I had one spoonful and got told off by the man of the house for not having any more...eat, eat, eat. (but I knew I had already had more than enough with the main meal)... then there was this ribbon cake they said they had made with almond flour... so I thought it was safe to try small piece... now I'm not so sure. With all the talking and food being passed about... I definitely ate more than I normally would for lunch.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts