The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed 10 yrs ago with Type 2. I've had a fingernail infection for a year now. My doctor won't give me anything cause he says that since I'm on ActosPlus Met ( 850/15 ) it would be too dangerous. So, I've been dealing. My problem now is that I have developed this rash on my hands thats spreading. Not poison ivy or anything like that. It doesn't itch. I've got an appointment in 2 weeks with a dermatologist. It popped up about the same time I started using Humulog ( 5u @ meals ). Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I was diagnosed 10 yrs ago with Type 2. I've had a fingernail infection for a year now. My doctor won't give me anything cause he says that since I'm on ActosPlus Met ( 850/15 ) it would be too dangerous. So, I've been dealing. My problem now is that I have developed this rash on my hands thats spreading. Not poison ivy or anything like that. It doesn't itch. I've got an appointment in 2 weeks with a dermatologist. It popped up about the same time I started using Humulog ( 5u @ meals ). Any ideas?
Welcome to the forum! So glad to see someone else from Ohio on the forum! When you see the dermatologist be sure and ask about the nail infection as well as the rash on your hands. The dermatologist can take a culture from your fingernail and treat your infection accordingly. I have never heard of anyone getting a rash on their hands from using insulin, but anything is possible.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome to our support group, lborkosky. My knowledge of insulin usage is nearly nothing, so I'll keep still about it. I just want to say have a list of everything you want to discuss with the dermatologist, so nothing gets forgotten.

Thank you for joining us . . . take care and visit often! :welcome:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to family doctor which was a waste of time. He had absolutely no idea and prescribed me a steroid cream. Not better in 2 weeks come back. Ha! I spent 2 hrs on medical websites and found a pic that looks exactly like my hands. Tinea Manus. Ringworm! I live on a farm so it makes sense. I am using Lotrimin for Ringworm and it is helping a lot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I break out in little itchy blistery looking bumps on the sides of my fingers and in my palms during the summer and have since I was a teenager. My doctor said it was a kind of eczema that is very common, especially in the summer time, and gave me a prescription ointment to use when it flares up.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Will you still keep the appointment with the dermatologist?

Went to family doctor which was a waste of time. He had absolutely no idea and prescribed me a steroid cream. Not better in 2 weeks come back. Ha! I spent 2 hrs on medical websites and found a pic that looks exactly like my hands. Tinea Manus. Ringworm! I live on a farm so it makes sense. I am using Lotrimin for Ringworm and it is helping a lot.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I just thought you might get the dermatologist's take on whether there's a treatment for the fingernail infection that's safe to use with Actos . . . would be nice to get that cleared up too. Sure glad the other one is subsiding!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.