The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If Jim is in government you might argue that brain function is unimportant, but you would be wrong. Jim needs a functional brain, just to stay alive. Whatever else happens, he needs some glucose for his brain. There is no active transport of glucose, it runs down a concentration gradient in to brain cells using GLUT1 and GLUT3. However many transporters are present, if blood glucose drops below 2.0mmol/l Jim is going to be unwell and if it goes below 1.0mmol/l he's going to be very dead.

Hyperlipid: Physiological insulin resistance (7) and palmitic acid again

suddenly I realized that nothing i read makes any sense to me so i checked my meter, Aviva 66 mg/dl, guess i need more glucose :eek:

G

·
haha... funny blog Jim :D a bit bold to say nature is a mistake though.. everything has a purpose, it's just that man is good at interferring. lol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
suddenly I realized that nothing i read makes any sense to me so i checked my meter, Aviva 66 mg/dl, guess i need more glucose :eek:
Different people have different sensitivity levels. For me 66 is where my vision suddenly goes really funky and I have to sit down or risk passing out. My nightmare is the cops will happen upon me sitting like this waiting for my glucose tabs to kick in and give me a going over with the taser and batons. I did a search on 'diabetes arrest' today and apparently some pretty bad things happen to people having hypos. I thought the guy who owns the local produce stand was going to call the cops on me for checking my bg in his parking lot but he changed his tune when I offered to come in and buy something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts