The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'day there, I found this site while researching Lupin8, a friend of mine who is a twenty year db was extolling it's virtues and has given me some to try . He was telling me that his gp was about to start him on insulin to control his condition and after reading an article about it, he tried it and after 3 or 4 weeks, while changing nothing else, he has his fbg down to "normal" 4.5 - 6 . i have only recently been diagnosed ( gp tried to convince me about a year ago but I wasn't having it - I'll beat this wioth my own secret mens methods - yeah right, next visit my fgl had gone from 7 to 10.8, not really on top of it eh) it's taken some coming to grips with, I've always been a big bloke but probably let myself go too far in the last 4 years or so, blew out to around 147kg and at 6' 2" (185cm) carrying far too much weight.my job is quite physically strenuous at times (delivering furniture and other equipment) but apparently not enough to stave of diabetes. i have altered my lifestyle considerably (with the awesome help and support of my wife) and seem to be managing reasonably well. I am still struggling to get my fasting bgl under 10 but am adding more structured exercise and hoping the lupin8 will assist as well. got my weight down to 134kg and dropping a steady 1.5 to 2kg per month I hope to get to a "normal"-er weight in a year or so.
i've been started on metex500 (2 initially ) and now three tabs a day plus bp and cholestoral med. gp reckons my bp was a little high and the cholestoral meds drastically reduce the chance of a sudden heart attack or stroke - hard to come to grips with these things when your doc is addressing you -not some other person. meds must be working because my bp has gone from 140/80 to a daily average of 118/72 - feeling healthier as well.
enough about me
once again

G'day all

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
g'day there, I found this site while researching Lupin8, a friend of mine who is a twenty year db was extolling it's virtues and has given me some to try . He was telling me that his gp was about to start him on insulin to control his condition and after reading an article about it, he tried it and after 3 or 4 weeks, while changing nothing else, he has his fbg down to "normal" 4.5 - 6 . i have only recently been diagnosed ( gp tried to convince me about a year ago but I wasn't having it - I'll beat this wioth my own secret mens methods - yeah right, next visit my fgl had gone from 7 to 10.8, not really on top of it eh) it's taken some coming to grips with, I've always been a big bloke but probably let myself go too far in the last 4 years or so, blew out to around 147kg and at 6' 2" (185cm) carrying far too much weight.my job is quite physically strenuous at times (delivering furniture and other equipment) but apparently not enough to stave of diabetes. i have altered my lifestyle considerably (with the awesome help and support of my wife) and seem to be managing reasonably well. I am still struggling to get my fasting bgl under 10 but am adding more structured exercise and hoping the lupin8 will assist as well. got my weight down to 134kg and dropping a steady 1.5 to 2kg per month I hope to get to a "normal"-er weight in a year or so.
i've been started on metex500 (2 initially ) and now three tabs a day plus bp and cholestoral med. gp reckons my bp was a little high and the cholestoral meds drastically reduce the chance of a sudden heart attack or stroke - hard to come to grips with these things when your doc is addressing you -not some other person. meds must be working because my bp has gone from 140/80 to a daily average of 118/72 - feeling healthier as well.
enough about me
once again

G'day all
WELCOME!!
The way to beat this disease is to cut out as many carbs as possible. This includes breads, rice, potatoes, fruits, sodas, sugars, etc. If you cut these out, you should be able to live with your new "friend" for a very long time.
Please visit often and ask as many questions as you would like.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello & welcome aboard. You're about as stubborn as the rest of us - :D - unless we get hit with a brick, we don't want to believe what our blood tests show to be true.

I'm glad to see you're showing improvement already . . . and the rest will fall into place if you can, as Joshua says, eliminate the carbs from your diet - all the things he listed and pasta as well. Grains - even whole grains - can be particularly bad - and milk is a sneaky one, being loaded with lactose. Metformin will help with your weight loss - at least it has mine - it seems to curb my appetite & make portion control much easier.

There are still tons of delicious foods to eat, so just build your meals around meat/poultry/fish, eggs/cheese, nuts, olives, high-fiber vegetables like artichokes, asparagus, etc. Tomatoes & avocados are the only fruits I eat, but you may be able to handle berries in small quantities. But any fruit that is naturally very sweet, like bananas/oranges/apples, is going to raise your blood sugar. And don't even THINK about fruit JUICES. :(

But you can use fats to smooth the low-carb diet, since it has no effect on blood sugar. You can make use of butter, sour cream, heavy sweet cream, etc., to season your meals, and you'll even continue losing weight. For example, beef stroganoff is a great meal, as long as you don't eat it with noodles - just eat the stroganoff. I get a lot of mileage from different kinds of sausage, so don't let the fat content worry you right now.

I'm getting way too windy here, but I'm happy you've joined us and I hope you'll be with us a good long time!

:welcome:

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum

i hope that you visit us regularly. This is by far, THE best place for us diabetics to talk freely and openly about whats going on with us.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as i feel that there are no "dumb" questions

You can do this, you can.

-Eric

·
Registered
930 Posts
you must be joking, right?

you must be joking, right?

now i am a big fool for supplements but Lupin8 has gotten me laughing my butt off.

Lupin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if you are as old as i am you might remember in "Monty Python's Flying Circus" John Cleese prancing around merry old England as Robin Hood { Robin Hood, Robin Hood, dumb, dumb Robin Hood } stealing Lupins from the rich and giving them to the poor until the poor told him to steal something they could use like maybe silverware.

now this crowd wants to sell you Lupins at two 14-Ounce Tubs of Lupin8 for $57.41. this and other supplements like this only work as a placebo because people who are stupid enough to buy this hog wash are going to watch their diet to make it work.

when i was younger almost any diet would work for me for a week or two because i wanted it work and i needed to believe in it {and water loss}.

as i write this i am still laughing at this and the scams that i use to buy into.

ColaJim

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Jim! You're a fine one to talk! All the man said was he found us in his search for this product . . . and I'm thankful he found us, aren't you? Now behave yourself, at least until he gets to know us a little better! :eek:

And thanks, Mr. Boone, for locating that thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts