The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, new to this forum. My name is Steve, you all can call me steve or stevo. I came in search of something extra to help out. My life at the moment is real crap, i hit bottom again on weekend and now im left feeling really down. I have given up taking any meds and eating. I know its not right, but i dont feel right either. Can anyone help steer me to a happy place

Stevo
dob-21/12/71
last hba1c 14
dont know what else to say, cos i feel crap.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello Steve, and welcome. How long since your diagnosis? What meds have been prescribed for you? Did they cause unacceptable side effects? You've steered yourself to a pretty happy place right here . . . it's a little goofy too, sometimes, but we do our best to support and cheer you up.

Do settle in and make yourself at home here - ask all the questions you want, or just rant & rave if you need it. We're here to help all we can.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Steve,
Sorry to hear you got knocked down... now it's time to pick yourself back up. Fast. You really don't want to continue self destructive behavior do you? Obviously not, that's why you're here. Let us know what you need and we'll do our best!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know how you feel, Stevo.

I felt exactly like that earlier today.

The weekend is over.

Now lets get our acts together and get back to living a healthier lifestyle.

:hug:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have type 1 diabetes
diagnosis around March 2003; probably had it for much longer though. Spent a week in hospital when 1st diagnosed.
Suggested insulin doses
novo rapid 8 mmol morn
novo rapid 10 mmol mid
novo rapid 8 mmol evening
novo levemir 22 mmol before bed
current averages for bgl are about 14. Units of measurement are obviously different from Aus. to USA. I hope those numbers mean something to you, because i cannot convert them.
my situation gets a bit messed up when i have to care for everyone else in my family, theres no time left for me to do what im supposed to do. So i do what i can. Now i get told by my wife who is suffering alongnside me(because of my obvious dysfunction in bed) , that i am not good enough. I did not ask for these problems, i am there for my wife always, i am there for our 5 kids always, but if i lose the plot because everyone in the house wants to just help themselves and make their own rules. Then they still want me to do everything for them
im so over doing anything for anyone, they can all just help themselves to life, and use up all the resources and not think that there is 7 people in the household.
I dont even care about myself i that pissed off.
There is not enough money for me to have a separate diet, we all have to eat the same stuff, and noone will eat low fat low sodium low sugar

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
i have type 1 diabetes
diagnosis around March 2003; probably had it for much longer though. Spent a week in hospital when 1st diagnosed.
Suggested insulin doses
novo rapid 8 mmol morn
novo rapid 10 mmol mid
current averages for bgl are about 14. Units of measurement are obviously different from Aus. to USA. I hope those numbers mean something to you, because i cannot convert them.
my situation gets a bit messed up when i have to care for everyone else in my family, theres no time left for me to do what im supposed to do. So i do what i can. Now i get told by my wife who is suffering alongnside me(because of my obvious dysfunction in bed) , that i am not good enough. I did not ask for these problems, i am there for my wife always, i am there for our 5 kids always, but if i lose the plot because everyone in the house wants to just help themselves and make their own rules. Then they still want me to do everything for them
im so over doing anything for anyone, they can all just help themselves to life, and use up all the resources and not think that there is 7 people in the household.
There is not enough money for me to have a separate diet, we all have to eat the same stuff, and noone will eat low fat low sodium low sugar

Stevo. Stay with us here, you can turn it around Brother!

·
Registered
663 Posts
G'day Steve, Welcome to DF where there's a lot of people here that can help you as we can understand what you need to know. We will have some fun doing it too. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have type 1 diabetes
Suggested insulin doses
novo rapid 8 mmol morn
novo rapid 10 mmol mid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Steve,

Am sorry to hear your are not feeling well.

When I get to feeling like that, a niacin supplement seems to help me.

Just getting out can be good too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Stevo, there are many different ways to show affection to one's wife/spouse/partner/lover. I think diabetes can cause a lot of guys to be temporarily disabled, but there are ways to overcome those problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts