and to be set for Life!

·
Registered
663 Posts
At 2 and a half Years later. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
How can we get the public better informed of diabetes?? I seem to run into veterans that have issues..or is that their problem??? Thanks

Cathy

·
Registered
241 Posts
How can we get the public better informed of diabetes?? I seem to run into veterans that have issues..or is that their problem??? Thanks

Cathy
Let's form a rock band and call ourselves The Sugary Sweets! I want to be lead singer. We'll sing songs solely about diabetes and even make some music videos that will contain subliminal messages such as "Sugar is poison", "Ditch Desserts" & "Deep-Six Sugar Young & Live to be Old". That way we reach both the young and old audiences.

It's always been my fantasy to become a famous rock star, like a female Elvis. But a star with good taste, no Madonna- or Lady Gaga-type for me. I'm going on 66, however, and am just lately beginning to think super-stardom is not in my future.

Hope you folks don't mind this - "girls" (even those in their sixties) just wanna have fun.

Love to you all,
Rosa

·
Registered
241 Posts

Cathy
Cathy, now I'll be serious. I think advertising this forum would be great and perhaps offering to host support groups in our own areas would help.

I feel the best help I can get is right here, and I intend to let my diabetic friends know about it. I'm learning new, valuable things all the time.

Rosa

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cathy, now I'll be serious. I think advertising this forum would be great and perhaps offering to host support groups in our own areas would help.

I feel the best help I can get is right here, and I intend to let my diabetic friends know about it. I'm learning new, valuable things all the time.

Rosa
I will be attending the Tour the Cure, a cycling event for diabetes. If someone can send over a flyer promoting this forum, i will pass it out at the event if they allow me too. As a new member, i have learned a lot in just the few hours i have been viewing this forum.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Is Terrie still around? Her post is 5 years old.

If anyone has any questions, thoughts, comments,
ideas for discussions about Diabetes or the Forum
please feel free to ask me or Merien or post them
right here.

*Wise Men/Women aren't born wise.
They listen and question everything.*T*

*We want you to know so much
and to be set for Life!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I believe Richard is still in touch with Terrie, and she was spotted logged in here a short time ago - prob'ly looking for a reference she knew she'd put here.

But you're right, Jim - this is an old thread - y'think I oughta close it? ;)

p.s. I love the Churchill quote!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts