The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been exactly 3 months (to the day) since I was told I was "probably diabetic" when my fasting BG result was 14.8 ... That day I was sent to get my A1c, which I found out in early January was 12.1%

Got my first 3 month A1c test yesterday ... I will find out the result Monday (I meant to phone my Dr. Office yesterday but forgot...)

I must admit I'm really anxious... The last part of December and early January were really a 'wash', LOL... I got my meter on Jan 4th and testing was all over the place during January... so I don't expect it to be great, but I'm hopeful.

My goal is to be under 7% ... I'm hoping I make it but won't shoot myself if I don't. Regardless of what I find out on Monday, my goal for my NEXT A1c (in mid-June) is under 6% ...

I'll let y'all know what it is once I know...

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. If it doesn't come in <7.0 for you, at least you'll have the pleasure of seeing how far you've come. And on the bright side, it gives you more room to drop for the next one!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Beefy, we will all be waiting for the news. I hope you are under 6%, you have really come a long way and deserve a good A1C. ;)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beefy, we will all be waiting for the news. I hope you are under 6%, you have really come a long way and deserve a good A1C. ;)
To be honest I'd be SHOCKED if it was under 6% ... I'm sure hoping for a low-to-mid 6% though.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so it was a 7.0% ...

Not what I'm hoping for, but considering I only got my meter January 4th, and was pretty high through most of January, (and was 12.1% at diagnoses only 3 months ago) I can live with that.

Based on where my BG's are today, I'm heading to a 6% mark pretty fast, so next goal is a sub-6 !!!

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
I think you've done great.

You wanted to be under 7.0 and were only .1 away. I call that lab flexibility :)

Congrats!

G

·
I'm reading your post and it's Tuesday morning here. I'm sure you will have a much better A1c reading as you've done so well. :D I'm due to get another one myself soon... not expecting much for mine as my BGLs are like a yoyo.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
OK, so it was a 7.0% ...

Not what I'm hoping for, but considering I only got my meter January 4th, and was pretty high through most of January, (and was 12.1% at diagnoses only 3 months ago) I can live with that.

Based on where my BG's are today, I'm heading to a 6% mark pretty fast, so next goal is a sub-6 !!!
Great job beefy! I will be praying that you are under 6% at your next test!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts