The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just a quick post to say that now that almost a year has passed, and so much has changed...

I'm starting to see one change I never thought I would...

I'm 46 ... and for the first time EVER ... I can actually see definition in my abs!

It's not fitness-model definition, and never will be... AND ... I have to hold myself "just so" to see it (I have lots of loose skin in the way)... But, there they are... Abs.

It was funny - I was in front of the mirror after a weigh-in and I had to call my wife in... "Uh.. Honey ... can you look at this a minute? Are these what I think they are???"

Yup, I needed a second opinion, LOL... (Ok, and wanted the wife to see them, lol) ... And she validated it... Abs. As a 46 year old former-fat-guy. :)

And no, I'm not posting a picture... honestly too embarrassed about the stretch marks from when I gained the weight... I'm sure any woman who's had kids can understand that... I'll post something with clothes on once I hit my goal size though. (I don't have a goal weight ... I don't believe in target weights...)

Now if only the grey hair would go away, I'd not only feel, but LOOK younger, roflmao.

... time to go for a run...

OH... and even MORE exciting, my wife has lost 15 pounds since starting to adopt a healthier diet!!! Yay, go Beefy's wife! :cheer2:

·
Registered
370 Posts
70 pound weight loss in 10 months is most impressive. Rub some cocoa butter on those stretch marks and it may help to alleviate them.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I know how you feel. In the past 5 years I have seen such a change in my body, it does amaze me. I am a few years older than you, well maybe more than a few. Most of my friends my age all have that middle age belly. Now, when I put on my tennis clothes, which is a short skirt and a tight top, you can see my much smaller waist, arm muscles and muscle tone. Even though my weight fluctuates 3-5 pounds most weeks, my body looks great for a 61 1/2 year old. Congrats on the new body.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Woohoo! Great job Beefy (and Beefy's Wife). :D

I have stretch marks too. On what seems like an unrelated note, I started physical therapy to help release the scars on my abdomen from previous surgeries. It involves regular, deep tissue massage and moisturizing (either coconut oil or lotion like Eucerin). Unexpectedly it has reduced the color and size of my stretch marks too.

Evidently stretch marks are actually scars in the lower layers of your skin. So maybe it's not surprising that it helped...

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
No handy hints from this gal, but WAY TO GO, Beefy! Glad you had outside verification, but I'm sure you are on your way to Mr. Universe, or at least a better Beefy!

Congratulations!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts