The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stumbled on this forum and it seems lovely.

I live in California, USA and was diagnosed as a boy with pre-diabetes. I was kept away from sweets and always had swings in blood sugar which effected me in a variety of ways.

But, learning from my Mother, told by her doctors that she would never get off of insulin, who is now insulin free for over 40 years I shifted my diet to plant based, living foods, seeds, nuts, etc. and increased my exercise. When I maintain this practice I stay stable with no issues.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi, Randy! Sounds like you will fit in well with us. Welcome!

How did the swings in BG affect you? How do they today? Do you still have them?

Good to have you aboard and good luck in the future. Keep us posted on how you are doing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Randy! Sounds like you will fit in well with us. Welcome!

How did the swings in BG affect you? How do they today? Do you still have them?

Good to have you aboard and good luck in the future. Keep us posted on how you are doing?
Hi Pat! Thank you for your warm welcome and hospitality.

They used to effect my mood by causing anxiety, nervousness, hyperactivity, anger, exhaustion and depression at times.

Now that I pretty consistent with my diet and exercise I do not experience such swings... except when I go off my diet. But the effects are not as strong because I mostly maintain the regiment... but I feel it for sure when I waiver.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Sounds like what mothers call the 'sugar high' doesn't it?

Hmmmm...food for thought there, isn't there?

By the way, gang, I found and bought the MiO drink by Kraft foods and it's pretty darned good if mixed a bit light!

·
Registered
90 Posts
HI Randy

Welcome :) I look forward to getting to know you better.

May I just say what an amazing woman your Mum sounds!! To take such control of her condition and set such a great example...wow!

Your diet sounds very interesting...Could you share a couple of recipes?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Randy, you have found a very good way of having good control. As long as you stick to that and have good A1c's, you should be healthy and complication free. I have been type 1 for 65 years, and am very healthy. If we take good care of ourselves, we can have long, healthy lives.

Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts