The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my eye test results in the mail.

Good News: No sign of retinopathy!

Bad News: Suspected glaucoma.

Does anyone here have any experience with glaucoma?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can provide!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry Shalynne. I don't have any pearls of wisdom or knowledge but just wanted to share that I had my eye test this morning. No diabetes damage but like you, have suspected Glaucoma in one of my eyes. Can't remember which one.

Optometrist says that it won't be an issue until I'm really old. Hope you get the answers you want.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Now days most good eye doctors will treat high eye pressure before any damage occurs. Over time high pressure will cause damage. Why wait? Treatment is usually just putting drops in your eyes once or twice a day. No one treated mine until I actually had some damage, now they are watching it very carefully. In my opinion accepting high eye pressure is just as bad as accepting high blood sugar readings. You only have one set of eyes.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the well-wishes! :D

Oh, yeah, Grif. I totally believe in getting proper treatment.

So far, nothing's been prescribed or recommended, other than good habits. Think I'll email or call and see if there's anything I can/should do in addition. Just feeling a little burnt that my diabetes was (needlessly) caught so late, so I'm nervous about other stuff as well.

Coconut ... I hope we both get the answers we need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts