·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!! I have been diagnosed with the following:
Fasting : 123 mg/dl
After Food : Blood Glucose level of 240 mg/dl
Urine : ++

I was also diagnosed with High Blood pressure with Triglyceride value of 303 and the normal value was upto 150.

I consulted my doctor regarding this and she prescribed me the following medicines(for 1 month):

1.) Glimepiride(2mg) and Metformin(1000mg) tab to take twice a day.
2.) Telmisartan and Rosuvastatin(for High Blood Pressure)tab morning after meal and
3.) Pantoprazole Tab before breakfast.

However, what is bothering me is that, when I looked at the information at Drugs[dot]com, they had very much side-effects and on top of that, taking Telmisartan and Rosuvastatin is not advisable when you are diabetic. So Does anyone has any experience about taking these drugs, Please Help... I'm very much concerned!!!:(

Moreover, I'm planning to take Telmisartan/Rosuvastatin for only 10 days.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!
Regards.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Where to begin ... what are you eating to get those numbers?

Many of us here get a lot more control by reducing intake of starches and sugars. I see you are in India -- are you veg? (I am not Indian, but I am a vegetarian who eats dairy and eggs).

I have some definite opinions about the medications you have been prescribed, but I think getting your diet under control is perhaps the best first step. Also read: Blood Sugar 101

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the post. Well I didn't know I had Diabetes until today after the tests.
Well, I used have a lot of Guava and Bread + Butter. Also, I'm a non Vegetarian but only take fish, chicken and buff.

Well, I definitely would like to hear your opinion regarding the medications. And, Thank You for the Link. I'll go through it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Please, don't take the Glimepiride. That would burn out your pancreas in no time. Your diabetes is not that bad. If you go to the bloodsugar101 site and begin eating LCHF I have no doubt you will be able to go without much medication, if any, for your diabetes. Your blood sugar is not terrible. You don't have far to go. But the Glimepiride will ensure that you your diabetes will progress and would no longer have that option. It seems like a miracle drug, at first, bringing blood glucose levels down very fast, but it does this by forcing your pancreas to produce a ton of insulin thereby burning out your beta cells. At some point, they will burn out and will produce less and less insulin until you may have to one day actually have to take insulin to survive.

The Metformin is great, safest drug out there for diabetes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, thank you so much Bree for providing such a valuable information.

Well, in my tabs, I see a pink dot... I think that is glimepiride....and the rest whit tab is (i guess) metformin...
Then, ill take it for 3 consecutive days and after that scrap off the glimepiride portion and take only the white tab portion.... :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
wow, thank you so much Bree for providing such a valuable information.

Well, in my tabs, I see a pink dot... I think that is glimepiride....and the rest whit tab is (i guess) metformin...
Then, ill take it for 3 consecutive days and after that scrap off the glimepiride portion and take only the white tab portion.... :)
Very smart! I hope this is true that it is not combined!

The metformin that I used to take was white, but I am not a pharmacologist and do not know that it is the same around the world. Metformin is also known as Glucophage. It inhibits the liver from dumping a bunch of extra glucose, from glycogen, into your body. It does not work in the pancreas at all. Much safer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts