The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
I am a type 1.5 diabetic for last 30 years on insulin. I live in Singapore have just left my working for a MNC where bulk of my medication used to be covered. I now have to pay for myself. I was looking for low cost yet reliable glucometer and came across Sinocare a product made in China. It is being sold on the net [retracted] as low as USD 13.13 for meter + 100 test strips. Before I decide to buy I wanted to check if any body has used it and what was their experience.

Thanks,
Neeraj

·
Administrator
2,399 Posts
Neeraj, best I can tell, Sinocare meters are approved for sale in the U.S. but I could not find a U.S. vendor that sold them (or any meters that look like them), so I don't know how many of our posters might have experience with them. But we'll see if anyone else responds.

I did find that the AQ technology used in their better (blue/white) meter is superior to the one in their really inexpensive meter (based on independent tests). Between that and the additional features, I think the blue/white meter is a better choice, but that's just my personal opinion. This site does not officially endorse any products for diabetes treatment.

One concern I would have is how easily and how inexpensive you can buy more strips. You probably know that the money spent on strips far exceeds the cost of the meter over time. As an insulin-dependent diabetic, you probably won't want to be in the situation where strips can be purchased only from the manufacturer or sources outside the country you're in. That alone may make your decision for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glucocare - Sinocare review

Neeraj, best I can tell, Sinocare meters are approved for sale in the U.S. but I could not find a U.S. vendor that sold them (or any meters that look like them), so I don't know how many of our posters might have experience with them. But we'll see if anyone else responds.

I did find that the AQ technology used in their better (blue/white) meter is superior to the one in their really inexpensive meter (based on independent tests). Between that and the additional features, I think the blue/white meter is a better choice, but that's just my personal opinion. This site does not officially endorse any products for diabetes treatment.

One concern I would have is how easily and how inexpensive you can buy more strips. You probably know that the money spent on strips far exceeds the cost of the meter over time. As an insulin-dependent diabetic, you probably won't want to be in the situation where strips can be purchased only from the manufacturer or sources outside the country you're in. That alone may make your decision for you.
Thanks. Agree to hear back from a user of SinoCare. I will check out blue/white meter. Actually strips are quite inexpensive too. I think it is a matter of time before they appoint distributors to sell offline. In Singapore too it is available online but none of the brick and mortar pharmacies carry them. I understand from their website they are the market leaders in China in market share.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.