The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that you should replace your meter every year. Mine is almost 2 years old. How often does everyone get a new meter? I would like to hear everyones feedback on this matter.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I never thought about this. I just got mine this year, so I would be interested to hear the answer as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Every year? Seems a bit too often to me.
As long as you're happy with your meter it's fine.
You can check your meter with a special liquid provided by the manufacturer if you think it's off

·
Registered
633 Posts
Carolina said:
meters are free. I won't worry about it lol
Not all meters are free. The one that I have used for almost 4 years would cost me almost $200.00 dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
meters are free. I won't worry about it lol
My meter wasn't free either, and I've used it over 2 years and hopefully intend that it should last a long time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been told that you should replace your meter every year.
Did whomever told you this explain the basis behind the need to replace it every year? Do certain components wear out or lose their sensitivity or something?

Great. I have insulin resistance and now my meter might have test strip resistance. :eek:hwell:

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I've never heard of this. You do have to change the batteries occasionly but I had my first meter for over 3 years. Now, whenever I see an ad for a free meter I apply just to get the free strips. So I have 3-4 back ups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts