The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a medical paper about the affects of diabetes on the placenta... and they said that with insulin controlled diabetes, the placenta functions like a normal person's.

So, I'm wondering if glyburide would mean the same thing? It stimulates my pancreas to make more insulin, so whether the insulin comes from me or injections, the placenta should still react the same - am I thinking correctly?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I was reading a medical paper about the affects of diabetes on the placenta... and they said that with insulin controlled diabetes, the placenta functions like a normal person's.

So, I'm wondering if glyburide would mean the same thing? It stimulates my pancreas to make more insulin, so whether the insulin comes from me or injections, the placenta should still react the same - am I thinking correctly?
I would think so. I know I have been taking Glipizide and just stopped taking it today. I know it puts stress on my pancreas and I don't want to loose what is left. I am back to where I was in October 2009. I had to stop taking Actos, too much fluid retention and now the Glipizide because of low blood sugar. It seems that my diabetes changes about every six months. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts