The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Bob and I have Type 2 diabetes controlled by Metformin and Lantus. I struggle losing wight and would like help fom others with the same challenges.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of struggles, and lots of success here - and what they've done to achieve it.

Browse around and you'll see an overwhelming number of members have lost weight on low-carb diets. I followed their lead 3 months ago and have lost 25 lbs. The great benefit for me of low-carb is that it took away my crazy cravings and dulled my appetite. . I eat an average of 50 carbs/day and when my weight loss stalls will probably reduce that to 30.

What is your current diet like? What sort of exercise do you do?

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi, Bob! Glad you found us and hope you'll begin to be a chatter on this board. Ask anything you want or need to know and as moon says, a lot of us adhere to a low carb diet. For me, so far, that means no meds to control my blood glucose and I lost 50 lbs. doing that...now the challenge is keeping it that way, so I'm slowly adding some carefully chosen carbs to my diet.

Remember the only dumb question is one not asked!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Howdy Bob!

Low-Carb is sure a key - especially with taking insulin. As insulin in your system will promote fat-storage, you want to limit the amount you need where possible, and eating low-carb will help with that.

Daily exercise is also vital to the equation.

Good luck! Glad you're here!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome Bob. I take metformin alone and have had great success in weight loss. But I also do a very low carb diet, usually less than 10-15 per meal or 40 per day. I do know some people find that insulin makes weight loss a little more difficult but it can be done if you are counting carbs.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello Bob, from your Ozarkian neighbor over here near Ft. Leonard Wood.

Sure glad to have you join us . . . so many of us face the same difficulties & it really helps to have strong support from friends who are going through the same struggles!

Take care & visit often! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts