The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received my order from Amazon and now I am happy, trying to fit in some reading between everything else.

These are the books I ordered/received:
-- "Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars"
Bernstein, Richard K
-- "The Diabetes Diet: Dr. Bernstein's Low-Carbohydrate Solution"
Bernstein, Richard K
-- "Blood Sugar 101: What They Don't Tell You About Diabetes"
Ruhl, Jenny
-- "The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook"
Eades M.D., Mary Dan

I was especially happy to get the first book, and hoping to learn a lot and to gain a better understanding of this disease, and also to better understand some of things I see mentioned in the posts that I am not sure what they are (like certain tests).

I want to thank you all on the forum for pointing me in the right direction. Prior to joining this forum I had looked at several books on Amazon. Some I could instantly were going to misinform rather than inform. But I didn't want to waste my money either. So I made this list up from books I saw mentioned in various postings. So glad you all could help point me in the right direction.

Gretchen

Reactions: Mar2a and Shanny

·
Diabetic
2,680 Posts
Wow. Happy reading. Do also surf through Dr. Jim Carlson's website and read the 10 chapters that have been kept up for free.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I loved Jenny's books (I also have her Diet 101) and keep them on my Kindle. I keep re-reading sections of her Blood Sugar 101, which says a lot -- I rarely have the time to go back and re-read things!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't know much about the cookbook (Dana Carpender is my go-to gal for cooking inspiration) but the others are well-thumbed volumes at my house. You got some good ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts