The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw my doc to talk about the ongoing side-effects of metformin, and was given a prescription for Glumetza. My doc is moving me to 2x1000mg daily instead of the 500mg 3x per day that I was doing. (seems weird to up it, doesn't it?)

Luckily our insurance co-pay is very good. One month's supply of my gabapentin and glumetza together cost me $55 out-of-pocket.

I'm starting it tonight. Hopefully I can live life a little farther away from a toilet now... :wink:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I hope you'll be a happier camper very soon, beefy. :D Your new dosage is the same as I take . . . 2x1000mg daily.

Because I have a good policy for my Medicare drug coverage, and I also qualify for a state old-age prescription assistance program, my meds so far come at no cost to me. (which is nice, because DH falls into the doughnut hole every year about August & we have to start paying full price for all of his, even while continuing to pay the premiums on his prescriptions policy, which gets off the hook. If for no other reason that this unjustifiable doughnut irregularity, the Affordable Healthcare Act needs to be preserved!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts