The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know you can lead a horse to water, but I still gotta vent.

Have T2D coworker, AFRAID OF insulin, so only on oral meds, NEVER tests, okay?

What are her current essentials for work???

Corn chips.

A bottle of HFCS pancake syrup.

A bottle of multivitamins, because yeah, hey, she is taking CARE OF HERSELF. :eek:

Okay, vent over!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Oh my . . . forgive me for laughing, but ain't it the truth . . . "A bottle of multivitamins, because yeah, hey, she is taking CARE OF HERSELF." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my . . . forgive me for laughing, but ain't it the truth . . . "A bottle of multivitamins, because yeah, hey, she is taking CARE OF HERSELF." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
She tries so hard to believe in herself. Been diabetic (T2 of SOME kind, never DKA), since childhood, now 30, always runs over 200.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
oh my

wow

unreal

·
Registered
633 Posts
I love how we are all so willing to judge her but not willing to be judged. Did you bother asking her why she was afraid of insulin. Lets mot forget what we are here for.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O hell we have discussed it at length, I have injected in front of her. I have advised (not condescendingly) to test. But she was on the wagon only briefly, and fell HARD off it.

Adjitater, tough situation -- cannot advise her too heavily because of work relationship and I just get FRUSTRATED.

And she is NOT the only non-compliant T2 I work with ... not sure which is worse -- the utterly non-compliant, or the one who follows the ADA "indoctrinated" dietician, to the point of hero-worship.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I say to each his own and let it be. The truth is that you are not her hero and until she finds it let it be.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I posted a similar situation with a guy that I have done a couple of jobs with for my Brother. The guy has seen me drop 20 pounds in a month with my Diet (Done on Purpose) and has seen I eat my butt off. He has started E-mailing me questions ithat thanks to this site I have been able to answer. My brother said that yesterday he had a test kit on his belt and brought some snacks and made some lunchmeat rolls..Also is drinking more flavored waters... I do not know how long it will last but, it was nice to hear that my healthier image may have savef him a little bit of damage later in life

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.